Introduction to PADU
The Persatuan Alumni Doktor USM (PADU) is the official Medical Alumni Society of graduates from the School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM). PADU has over 2,802 members - all are alumni from the various years since the inception of PADU in 1995.
The aims of the society are:
- To foster closer relationship between graduates of the School of Medical Sciences, both M.D. (USM) and M. Med. (USM).
- To foster closer cooperation between the graduates and the School of Medical Sciences and Hospital Universiti Sains Malaysia.
- To nationalised and internationalised the activities of the society.
- To start a non-profit charitable organisation (PADUCare) to help the poor, needy and sick patients of Malaysia and to increase educational and research activities.
- To initiate a PADU Junior member branch society.
The Society is currently based at the School of Medical Sciences, USM. This campus is the branch medical campus of Universiti Sains Malaysia. It is located in Kota Bharu, Kelantan which is on the north-east part of Peninsular Malaysia.